Real Time Wind Recording
- For wind at Jardine's - http://www.nzoneskydive.co.nz/weather/current_wizard.htm
- For wind at Queenstown airport - http://www.metservice.com/towns-cities/queenstown (Slight variations from the lake but in general if its 20+ it is just about sailable for a short board windsurfer.)
- For wind on Coronet Peak - phone the Coronet Wind Talker on 03 4427832 . Set up for paragliders, it gives 5 consecutive readings. If it’s a northerly be careful, this is the least reliable as the wind swings a lot where the reciever is located so ring a few times and get an average.
- For wind at Glenorchy - http://holfuy.com/en/data/278
- For wind in Dunedin - https://www.portotago.co.nz/our-harbour/harbour-conditions/
- For wind on Lake Dunstan - south of lake and north of lake (anything that is recording N/NW is good, NE is possible)