The club has windsurfing and kiting equipment, a stand up paddleboard and a go-pro for members to use (all listed below). You can always upgrade to the rental membership by contacting Sue.
Conditions for Using Club Gear
- SLWRC is not liable, and you take sole responsibility for all and any damage and or injuries that may occour while using the club gear.
- Gear can only be booked and/or used by Club Members with the appropriate membership option.
- You must collect and return the gear yourself.
- You are responsible for the gear while you have it.
- You must report to Phil Hide if you lose or damage any of the gear, or if it is stolen, while it is in your care.
- You may be required to reimburse the club for any loss or damage (the Club Committee will decide in each case depending on for example, the extent of damage and the age or the gear).
- You confirm you're a good swimmer (can swim at least 200m) and know how to use the gear and the appropriate safety procedures if and when needed.
- You must wear a life vest at all times while using the club gear.
- Gear can be taken away for up to 24 hours.
- Gear can be booked up to a week in advance.
- Other arrangements may be possible (ie booking further in advance or for longer than 24 hours) – please ask Phil
To book the gear text Phil Hide (021 232 5457) – a couple of days notice is good.
Board - 160l Bic Veloce, no centre board but very stable, an excellent progression board.
Rig - 430 mast, 460 mast, Neil Pryde boom with harness lines.
Sails - 6.0, 5.0 Neil Pryde MPR sail, 4.0 Neil Pryde New Wave.
4m Trainer Kite. This trainer kite can only be borrowed if it's use is to be supervised by an experienced person. Gavin (ph 021994139) and Jim (ph 0210797080) occasionally run training sessions to help club members learn kite flying.
Stand Up Paddleboard
The Club has an inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard and paddle, with adjustable plate which allows a windsurf rig to be added. Perfect combo.
The club has a GoPro Hero 2 with a helmet attachment.