Southern Lakes Windriders Club supports all Windsurfers and Kitesurfers in the area through maintaining and developing rigging and launching spots, working with local and cental government and developers to maintain access to these spots, and social events.
- hold an annual Open Day at Frankton Beach with windsurf lessons, BBQ, demo gear and other activities. This year it will be Sunday 1st December 12 to 4pm, all very welcome!
- organise a big annual event - either a long downwind sail with rescue support, or a variety of on the water activities over a summer weekend;
- have plenty of social sails and training on Lake Wakatipu and other venues - any training opportunities are publicised;
- summer BBQ’S at Frankton Beach from mid January to the end of March on Wednesday nights - beginner/improver windsurf sessions with Sue at Frankton beach followed by a BBQ, all welcome.
Club member benefits include deals & discounts for local stores, activities, and lessons:
- 10-20% off when buying gear from Small Planet
- free shipping and a minimum of 10% discount at Watercooled
- 10% discount at Kitesports
- 10% off kitesurfing lessons with Kitesports in Christchurch
- 10% off with Queenstown Mountain Guides
- 10% off kite repairs with Augusto
More benefits and discounts to come so make sure to check this page from time to time 😉