Southern Lakes Windriders Club supports all Windsurfers and Kitesurfers in the area through rigging/launching spot maintenance and development, access and social events.
Club member benefits include deals & discounts for local stores and activities, and discounted lessons.
SLWRC membership year runs 1st October to 31st September. If you join in July, August or September you can transfer the membership over at no extra charge if you renew it in person at the AGM.
- access to Jardine's Bay, an amazing spot in Southerly winds. The club has negotiated access to the spot through private land and launching rights for club members only
- rigging/launching spot maintenance and development, access maintenance
- 10-20% off when buying gear from Small Planet
- free shipping and a minimum of 10% discount at Watercooled
- 10% discount at Kitesports
- 10% off kitesurfing lessons with Kitesports in Christchurch
- 10% off with Queenstown Mountain Guides
- our annual Open Day at Frankton Beach with windsurf lessons, BBQ, demo gear and other activities
- 10% off kite repairs with Augusto
- big annual event - either a long downwind sail with rescue support, or a variety of on the water activities over a summer weekend;
- social sails and training on Lake Wakatipu and other venues - any training opportunities are publicised;
- summer BBQ’S at Frankton Beach from mid January to the end of March on Wednesday nights there are beginners/improvers windsurf sessions with Sue at Frankton beach followed by a BBQ, all welcome.
More benefits and discounts to come so make sure to check this page from time to time 😉
How to Join
1. Fill in the the Club membership form here
2. Pay the membership to the club's account:
Southern Lakes Windriders Club
account number: 06 0996 0589491 00
Put your full name as a reference.
We will process this and get your card & sticker ready for pick up in 5 working days.
3. Pick up your membership card and car sticker from Small Planet.