Sorry for the short notice, but there’s a Southerly out there. Fresh at the moment but due to moderate during the afternoon.
As you know there is a proposal to put a mooring buoy in the bay where we sail, for a 12m motor boat with antennae. The club exec are very worried about the safety aspects of this proposal. We have asked the applicant to put in a buoy for us to sail around so that we have given the matter our fullest consideration. They have not responded despite several requests. As the matter is likely to end up in an official “Hearing” the Exec. have decided to put in a buoy ourselves, so please try and get down to Jardines today to look at the positioning and let me know by email how you feel about this. Please try to go even if just for a look if you can’t sail. We hope the buoy will be in mid afternoon. Text me if you want to be sure about the time .
PLEASE BE CAREFUL SAILING. Look out for the buoy. Depending on the conditions we may put a 15m float rope with other buoys on it out from the buoy to represent the length of the boat and estimated swing. We will not be doing this if it doesn’t seem safe.
027 640 8596.